Wednesday, October 7, 2009

We're finally home




As we pulled out of the hospital garage with Elliot, David looks at me and says "well, I guess it's official. they actually let us leave the hospital with her." After what seemed like an eternity in the hospital, we finally made it home Sunday afternoon. The next two days were basically a blur as we adjusted to life at home. Unlike her mom, Elliot is completely nocturnal. She sleeps great all day and then as soon as the clock hits 10pm, she's ready to party all night leaving me slightly shell shocked. All those people that say to you "sleep when the baby sleeps" are not kidding. It makes no difference what you had planned for the day. I've learned my lesson, if she's asleep, I need to try to sleep. It made Tuesday night infinitely more bearable! What's dad doing when I'm sleeping you ask...everything else. David's been absolutely amazing from walking the dogs to changing diapers to doing the laundry, he's done it all, allowing me an opportunity to try to heal with as little to do as possible other than sleep and hang out with Elliot. Last night we gave her our first bath. Thank god dad did this in the hospital while I was in recovery as he's now a pro. She screams like we're torturing her, but in she does seem to love her hair washed so we'll end with that. My mom is coming out tomorrow for a week so that should give us a little extra help. Thank god for moms! More to come on the adventures of our first week.

No comments:

Post a Comment