For those who are actually keeping up and/or
Eli's first Thanksgiving was a great day. We spent a few hours over at Jami and Jan's house and then made our way to Aaron and Nikki's house for a fabulous turkey dinner. Thanks to everyone for cooking so we didn't have to. My job was wine and pumpkin pie...both of which I was able to purchase which made life a whole lot easier that day. Course it was the first time in almost 6 years I didn't cook on Thanksgiving, but somehow I was able to manage :-)
December 7th marked my first day back and work and David's official start at "Mr. Mom" at least through June. While I think he'd agree it was a great first day, Momma had a little rougher go of it. I swear, by Tuesday Eli was so ticked off that she was eating from a bottle that she wouldn't even look at me (Nana assures us that her curiosity and willingness to engage with the world around is a good thing...I still maintain the turn of the ahead away from me meant she was mad. Makes it easier for me to gain the sympathy vote that way). She also managed to find her thumb that week and has been "eating" it ever since.
December 11th was a big day. First Eli sat up in her watermelon chair all by herself (not sure she actually liked it, but a milestsone nonetheless). That evening we went to the Zoo lights with Cousins Renya and Gavin and good friends Rhianna and Hazel. The parents came too of course. It was a cold one so we bundled all the kids up and made our way around the zoo. Fortunately for us the rain held out and it was a great night culminating in fudge for all the kids who managed to find the 6 lighted peacocks hidden througout the zoo.
December 12th marked David's official last day of school for the quarter so Eli and I met him at PCC while he anxiously awaited the results of part of his final. An "A" of course for Daddy.
We're gearing up for a visit from Nana and Papa this weekend and we can't wait. More next week.
xoxo
No comments:
Post a Comment