Yesterday I walked into the living room and saw David playing on the floor with Elliot and filling out some pages in her baby book. At the time, I didn't think much of it, just that we were way behind in doing it and I was glad he'd picked it up. But later that night I started reading some of the pages he wrote and was completely overcome with emotion when I read the page about his thoughts on the day of Elliot's birth.
"...I mean, I knew I'd love you...what I did not expect was the instant change when I saw you come out and take your first breath. I felt you in my bones that moment, a deep, profound change and an ineffable thankfulness that you came into our lives and made them somehow better."
Not sure there's anything I can say that would top that. But it made me grateful for the life we have and was a reminder that no matter how chaotic life can get, we are truly blessed.
No comments:
Post a Comment