Tuesday, May 11, 2010

A week of firsts...










WOW...we had a big week and weekend.

Elliot and I took a trip to Minneapolis on Friday. I had some work there and because we have some family there, I decided to bring Elliot. Thanks to cousin Bruce and Gail (forever known now as Poppy and GiGi) for hosting us all weekend. It was a such a wonderful visit. We had the added bonus of seeing Grammy and Uncle J who flew up from Chicago to help watch Elliot while I was working. We got to see cousin Meghan and Sean and their kids (including my namesake Devin) who we haven't seen in way too long. Plus we she got to met Pat & Billy and Auntie Shirley and Ken. Elliot loved seeing everyone and we can't wait to come and visit again soon.

Must have been the new environment, because and as the title of this post indicates, Elliot had a lot of firsts...

First airplane ride
First time away from Daddy
First crawl on all fours
First time pulling herself up to a stand
First "apartment" search (see photo)

The flight was not nearly as bad as it could have been, thanks to the raucous 3 year old who was a total nightmare, making Elliot look like a joy.

While we're so sad Daddy missed all the fun, we know there will be many more firsts for him to enjoy. In fact, he had his very own first this weekend as well, as it was his first time without us since E was born. But I'm pretty sure he managed to have a little fun while we were gone ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment