Monday, October 31, 2011

A Bumblebee or a Fairy Princess?

Those who know me know I'm rooting for the bumblebee.  But unfortunately, my child had other ideas.   Five (5) weeks ago we went shopping for a Halloween costume.  Found this adorable little bumble bee outfit that Elliot picked out herself.  Then came her b-day party and a certain friend (who shall remain nameless) insisted I was denying Elliot her "girliness" and got her a tutu.  Which has barely come off since then, as witnessed by the countless pictures with her in said tutu.

So when asked what she wanted to be for Halloween last week, she promptly squealed with glee "A fairy princess."  That's it.  I've clearly lost the battle.  So fairy princess it was.   My only win (and I fully champion this as a win) is that rather than some crazy "ballerina shoe" she's rocking the sparkly sketchers.  Hey listen...I take what I can get!

So there I was out schelping around town last night to replace the fairy wings that broke on Sunday.  Do you know how hard that is? I had to buy some other heinous costume just to get the wings b/c there wasn't a single pair of fairy wings to be found in the entire city of Portland.

So off to school we went - tutu, wings, sparkly shoes and all!





No comments:

Post a Comment