Monday, August 23, 2010

Michigan - The Garvey Cottage















To say this is a cottage is an understatement. After years of hearing about how wonderful this spot is, I finally made it out and while not so much a "cottage" this is an amazing home on the bluff of Lake Michigan about two hours outside of Chicago. David, Elliot and I spent 4 days at the Garvey Cottage along with Grandma Candy, Mike, Cynthia and Cynthia's sisters.

Elliot learned to climb stairs and swim in the lake. Mom and Dad made the daily trek up and down 142 stairs twice daily to spend a few hours in the sun. Lucky for Elliot she's still small enough to ride in the backpack.

Great trip, awesome food and wine and lots of late nights! I don't know how we did it, but I was exhausted at the end of it. Sure sign of a wonderful vaca.

Thanks for including us in this family tradition - We are now officially part of the Garvey family!

No comments:

Post a Comment