Momma had to go to Chicago for work this week so I thought "hey, why don't I bring Elliot. That would be so much fun." I'd have to say it was probably more stressful than fun, but glad that friends and family got a chance to see her at least! HUGE THANKS to Aunt T, Grammy and Cynthia. Aunt T took two days off of work and she and Grammy watched Elliot. As usual, Cynthia opened up her house to the two of us and the extended group for 4 days. Every time they came in, one of us was there! We also had lots of fun with grandpa Scott at the Gilson beach park!
Next month Elliot will be two (can't believe it), so there will be no more "laps" on the airplane. she'll need her own seat. What I've realized is that you are technically allowed to have a lap child till 2, no sane person does that. Clearly I fell in the insane category when I thought a squirmy almost two year old would sit or sleep for any length of time on a four hour flight. Instead she wiggled the entire time, made friends with all the neighbors and ran up and down the aisle when I'd let her. Thankfully she never had a meltdown, was just active and chatty. And the men surrounding us were all good sports! Even had a few dads near us so that helped out.
It might be awhile before we make another flight attempt but at least now I've figured out exactly what goes in the "bag of tricks" to keep her semi occupied - Lots and lot of Bunny Crackers! ;-)
No comments:
Post a Comment