Is anyone else tired of seeing pics of Elliot at the zoo? Lately I feel like that's all I post. But what can we say, Elliot's completely enamored with that place. A zoo pass costs roughly $100 for the year for our family. Individual tix to the zoo are $10 visit so you can see that we've easily out spent with our almost weekly visits!
This weekend we went not one, but twice. Thankfully, we ended up doing two different routes and got to see the whole zoo vs. just half.
On Saturday, we hit the zoo with the Toskys & our pal Aaron (who of course always manages to capture the most amazing pics). The extra bonus is that Daddy was actually able to join us! We rarely get his company b/c he's usually studying so we loved having him with us this time.
Olivia's getting so big and she and Elliot are able to have a little more interaction. Olivia couldn't wait to give Elliot hugs and kisses....Elliot wasn't quite sure so there are some pretty funny pics of those two girls. I swear, Olivia never stops smiling and is so much fun to be around!
On Sunday, we went with Elliot's new boyfriend Evan. We had a great week and got to see Evan, Rachelle and Brenden several times. Camping last weekend, picnicing in the park on Friday and then the zoo on Sunday. It's no wonder Elliot's always talking about Evan.
In typical terrible two style (like the alliteration there?), Elliot had an awesomely epic meltdown on our way out of the zoo yesterday. She threw herself in front of a passing stroller b/c i wouldn't let her throw my hat on the ground and walk all over it. Yes, it was naptime and thankfully we weren't far from the exit. I know they say you're not supposed to laugh, but sometime I just can't help myself. I had to turn around so she couldn't see me.
After a much needed nap, we hit the pool with pal Avie. The girls had ball splashing around. I started out leaving her regular diaper on. Now I know why they say they're "extra absorbent." There was at least 5 lbs of water in those bad boys. Sir Mix A-Lot Anyone? I couldn't help myself but all I kept thinking as I watched her in those ginormous diapers was Baby Got Back...LA Face with the Oakland Bootie! (Someday she'll really hate me for this remark - but till then I'll get a chuckle from it anyway).
So I'm pretty sure that we're not going to have any zoo pics this week. But time will tell!



















No comments:
Post a Comment