Sunday, January 29, 2012
"I wanna ride the train!"
Elliot talked about riding the train all day yesterday (Saturday) when we weren't at Jack's party or riding her bicycle. So I (being the thoughtful daddy I am) thought maybe she might want to ride a train. After eating breakfast and walking the dogs - which is no mean feat with a half-driving rain, a 2 year old, and three dogs - we drove down to Kenton to catch the Max (Portland's awesome light rail). The pictures show Elliot rejoicing about getting a ticket and then facing the existential worry about whether the train will actually come to pick us up. And then the existential crisis is solved by the arrival of the train and a blueberry bar.
Sorry. Couldn't resist.
Anyway, Elliot was thrilled to be on the train. She chattered the whole time about being on the train and going "somewhere else" every time the train stopped to pick up and drop off passengers. She impressed our cabin-mates with her language skills and her outgoing nature (both clearly attributable to mom). We walked around Pioneer Square for a little bit and then caught a train home. Elliot seemed just as excited for the ride home as the ride out. I think we may have a few more outings via Max in our future!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment